Scored tablets containing 0.5 mg Alprazolam
Treatment of anxiety, panic
How to use :
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients, and the doctor always tells how to use the medicine, but the usual dose is
- Adult: 0.25 - 0.5 mg three times a day, increased if necessary up to 3 mg daily.
- Eldery:0.25 mg 2-3 times a day. increased if necessary up to 3 mg daily.
- children: use and dose must be determined by your doctor
Missed dose :
If you miss a dose of medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Side effects :
Each drug may cause some side effects in addition to the therapeutic effects. Although not all of these side effects can be seen in one person, contact your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any side effects, even those that are not listed in this leaflet. Common side effects include anxiety, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, and depression. After stopping this medicine, your body needs time to adjust. Tell your doctor during this time if you notice any of the following symptoms: Irritability, nervousness, difficulty sleeping, abdominal pain and contraction, rapid heartbeat, increased sweating, depression, muscle cramps, nausea, and vomiting.
- This medicine may cause especially older persons, to become drowsiness, dizziness, and lower alertness, Even if taken at bedtime, some people may feel drowsy or less alert on arising. Be careful before you drive and use machines, or do anything else which needs alertness and well-coordination
- If you are taking alprazolam for insomnia: If you think you need to take the medicine for more than 7 to 10 days, be sure to tell your doctor. insomnia that lasts longer than this may be a sign of another medical problem. you may have difficulty sleeping ( rebound insomnia ) for the first few nights after you stop taking this medicine
- Alprazolam can cause physical and psychological dependence, especially if taken for a long time or in high doses.
- If you are taking this medicine in large doses or for a long time, do not stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of this drug may cause withdrawal symptoms (such as irritability, nervousness, difficulty falling asleep, abdominal cramps).
- If you think you or someone else may have taken an overdose of this medicine. get emergency help at once some signs of an overdose are continuing slurred speech or confusion. severe drowsiness, severe weakness, and staggering