Amlodipine oral tablets are available as round scored tablets containing Amlodipine (as amlodipine besylate ) in dose of 5 mg
- treatment of angina (chest pain )
- high blood pressure
How to use
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients, and always the doctor tells how to use the medicine, but the usual dose is:
For angina (chest pain):
adults: 5-10 mg, once a day.
Children: use must be determined by your doctor.
For high blood pressure:
adults: 2.5 - 10 mg once a day.
Children younger than 6 years of age: use must be determined by your doctor.
If you miss a dose of medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Every medicine by the side of therapeutic effects may cause some adverse effects, although not everybody gets them, if you experience contact your physician or pharmacist.
- More common: swelling of ankles or feet.
- Less common: dizziness, pounding heartbeat.
- Rare: chest pain, dark yellow urine, dizziness or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position, slow heartbeat, yellow eyes or skin.
Check with your doctor if any of following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them :
More common: abdominal pain, flushing, headache, sleepiness, or unusual drowsiness.
Less common: nausea, unusual tiredness, or weakness.
- This medicine has been prescribed for your present disease. Do not pass it on to others with same symptoms.
- Tell your doctor before taking this medicine if you are taking any other prescription or non-prescription (over-the-counter) medicine or you have had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines, foods, dyes, preservatives.
- This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
- The progress of treatment should be checked at regular visits by the doctor.
- This medicine will not cure your high blood pressure but it does help control it, therefore you must continue to take it as directed if you expect to lower your blood pressure and keep it down.
- After taking a dose of this medicine you may get a headache that lasts for a short time. This should become less noticeable after you have taken this medicine for a while. If this effect continues or if the headaches are severe, check with your doctor.
- Consult your doctor about your diet, especially foods high in sodium (salt). You should check with your doctor before changing your diet.
- Take the medicine in same time daily and according to the physician’s order.
- Chest pain resulting from exercise or physical exertion usually is reduced or prevented by this medicine. this may tempt you to be too active. Make sure you discuss with your doctor a safe amount of exercise for your medical problem.
- Consult your physician about the concomitant use of this medicine with alcohol or tobacco.
- Check with your doctor for the best way to reduce gradually the amount you are taking before stopping completely. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly.
- Consult with your physician about the concomitant use of this medicine with other no-prescription medicines for appetite controls, asthma, colds, cough, hay fever, or sinus problems, since they may tend to increase blood pressure.